MindHealth is a free phone and online counselling service for people 15 years and older in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions who are feeling the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
We have professionally trained counsellors who will listen and help you to develop strategies to manage what is causing you to feel stressed or overwhelmed.
Our free counselling service can help with:
- Worry and Anxiety
- Hopelessness and Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Relationship and Family Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Stress.
For information on Mind Health Service Connect Line, please visit the Service Connect Line page.
What to expect
When you contact MindHealth, you will be able to:
- Speak with a professionally trained counsellor
- Call any time between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday
- Talk to a counsellor about what’s going on with you and your stresses and concerns
- Develop strategies to manage your situation
- Have up to three thirty minute sessions
- Be referred to a local face-to-face psychologist under a priority referral, if required.
Delivered by Lifeline
MindHealth is commissioned by Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network and delivered by professional counsellors at Lifeline.
Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing emotional distress with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. Lifeline provides opportunities for connection through digital and face to face mental health and suicide prevention crisis support services. Our telephone, text, and online crisis support services receive over 1 million contacts a year.
Lifeline exists to ensure that no person in Australia has to face their darkest moments alone. Our experience has shown us that it is through connection that we can find hope.
For more information, visit the Lifeline website.
SPA Accreditation Status
MindHealth is working towards accreditation with Suicide Prevention Australia’s Standards for Quality Improvement.