MindHealth is a free phone and online counselling service for the people of the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions who are feeling the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
We have professionally trained counsellors who will listen and help you to develop strategies to manage what is causing you to feel stressed or overwhelmed.
Our free counselling service can help with:
- Worry and Anxiety
- Hopelessness and Depression
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Relationship and Family Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Stress.
For information on Mind Health Service Connect Line, please visit the Service Connect Line page.
What to expect
When you contact MindHealth, you will be able to:
- Speak with a professionally trained counsellor
- Call any time between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday
- Talk to a counsellor about what’s going on with you and your stresses and concerns
- Develop strategies to manage your situation
- Have up to three thirty minute sessions
- Be referred to a local face-to-face psychologist under a priority referral, if required.
Delivered By On The Line
Commissioned by Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network and delivered by On the Line.
On the Line is a professional social health organisation providing counselling support, anywhere and anytime. We listen and encourage people to feel better: building resilience, fostering healthy relationships, and connecting people with community support.
On the Line’s highly trained counsellors provide professional, quality telephone, web chat and video counselling services. Many of our counselling services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our counsellors are experts in men’s mental health, anger management, family violence (using and experiencing), healthy relationships, integrated wellbeing, mental health, chronic health conditions, problematic drug and alcohol abuse, and suicide and trauma-informed practice for anyone affected by suicide.