What is the MindHealth Helpline?
MindHealth is a low intensity counselling service which provides telephone and online counselling support to people in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions. It is available between 7am and 9pm, Monday to Saturday.
MindHealth is supported by the Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network and is delivered by professional counsellors at Lifeline.
MindHealth counsellors are experts in mental health, wellbeing, anger management, healthy relationships, and suicide prevention.
Who is MindHealth for?
MindHealth provides free professional counselling services to people who are:
- at risk, or have experienced symptoms of distress or mild symptoms of mental ill health (i.e. anxiety or depression) for less than 12 months
- exiting (step down) a moderate to high intensity mental health service who need a brief psychological intervention which is decreased from that they were receiving
- living or working in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions.
The service model
MindHealth counsellors provide counselling services across three main service functions:
- Intake, Assessment and Support: available between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday, accessed by telephone on 1300 029 131 or online counselling
- Counselling and Support: available between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday, clients can also receive up to three call back counselling sessions between 9am and 9pm.
- Post-vention Support: following-up with clients at six weeks after their last multi-session, to assess if their needs have been met or if service re-entry is required.
Working within a social model of health, all clients will be provided the highest quality of support to meet their whole of life issues, concerns and worries.
How to refer a client
You can refer a client by completing and emailing us a Client Referral Form.
Click the Client Referral Form link below to open the interactive PDF.
Complete all fields and save it to your desktop. Attach the completed Client Referral Form to an email and send to: email@example.com
Please advise your client to expect a call from MindHealth, which will be from a private number.
What is Service Connect Line?
Service Connect Line is a free telephone service that links people with a mental illness residing in the Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network to psychosocial support services (mental and physical health as well as social supports). Carers, Clinicians and GPs can also call this line on a person’s behalf.
Find out more about the service.