MindHealth is a telehealth provider that offers free professional phone and online counselling for anyone who lives or works in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions.
You do not require a medical referral to initiate contact with our counselling service. This means you can access free professional counselling anywhere, at a time that is convenient to you.
Phone and online counselling is seen by many to be a helpful alternative to traditional face-to-face counselling because of its less confronting approach. Our professionally trained counsellors have specialist skills in helping you to work through any pain and distress you may be feeling. The counsellor will help you with goal planning, ensuring your own safety, and will link you to other services in the community.
All staff answering our telephone or online counselling services are qualified professional counsellors, social workers or psychologists, trained to follow a contextual counselling and problem-solving process to listen, understand, and help you find ways to feel better. MindHealth provides culturally safe counselling for anyone who identifies as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
While you should always call 000 if it’s an emergency, we can help anyone who is affected by:
- Worry and Anxiety
- Hopelessness and Depression
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Grief and Loss
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Relationship and Family Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Stress.
Call and talk with a professional counsellor now on 1300 029 131 anywhere, anytime.
Access MindHealth online counselling and chat with a counsellor anywhere, anytime.
- Real-time chat with a professional counsellor
- A focused session lasting up to thirty minutes. Your online counsellor will advise you when your session is coming to a close
- A free service available between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday.
How to access online chat:
- To access online counselling, simply click the floating chat button to the right of the screen
- A pop-up chat widget will then appear
- Enter your details in the mandatory fields and if one of our professional counsellors are available, you will be able to chat with them straight away
- There is no longer a need to register your details on our website.
Please note MindHealth is only available to people living or working in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions, aged 15 years and older. Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance to people outside of this area or overseas and we recommend you contact your nearest support service.
Befrienders Worldwide provides information about suicide and emotional support services worldwide in multiple languages.