MindHealth is a telehealth service that offers free professional online and phone counselling for anyone 15 years and older who lives or works in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions.
You do not need a medical referral to contact our counselling service. This means you can access free professional counselling between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday.
Our team of professionally trained counsellors have specialist skills to assist you in addressing any emotional pain or distress you may be experiencing. Your counsellor will support you in setting goals, ensuring your personal safety, and connecting you with community services.
All staff answering our telephone or online counselling services are qualified professional counsellors, social workers or psychologists, trained to follow a contextual counselling and problem-solving process. They will listen, understand, and help you find ways to feel better.
MindHealth provides culturally safe counselling for anyone who identifies as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
We can help anyone who is affected by:
- Worry and Anxiety
- Hopelessness and Depression
- Grief and Loss
- Isolation and Loneliness
- Relationship and Family Problems
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Work Stress.
If it’s an emergency, please call 000.
Call and talk with a professional counsellor now on 1300 029 131 between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday.
Access MindHealth online counselling and chat with a counsellor between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday.
- Real-time chat with a professional counsellor
- A focused session lasting up to thirty minutes. Your online counsellor will advise you when your session is coming to a close
- A free service available between 7am and 9pm Monday to Saturday.
How to access online chat:
- To access online counselling, simply click the floating chat button to the right of the screen
- A pop-up chat box will then appear
- Enter your details in the mandatory fields and if one of our professional counsellors are available, you will be able to chat with them straight away
- There is no longer a need to register your details on our website.
Please note: MindHealth is only available to people living or working in the Hunter New England and Central Coast regions, aged 15 years and older.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide assistance to people overseas and we recommend you contact your nearest support service.
Befrienders Worldwide provides information about suicide and emotional support services worldwide in multiple languages.